The JFS mission centers on helping clients realize their goals for current and future generations. To deliver the promise, we seek industry-qualified, forward-thinking individuals capable of complex problem-solving in a highly collaborative environment. As we grow, our firm offers opportunities for professionals looking to lead, inspire, and make a lasting difference in the lives of our employees and our clients.
With more than $2 billion in assets under management, JFS Wealth Advisors provides purpose-driven individuals, businesses, and institutions with customized, solution-based financial planning and investment management. As an independent, fee-based, fiduciary firm, we aren’t incented to sell specific investment products. Our recommendations are rooted in clients’ best interests; their success is ours as well.
We are actively recruiting an Associate Wealth Advisor to add a new member to our team. This position will have the opportunity to learn, grow and add value to our clients by working alongside our experienced staff of Wealth Advisors in our Pittsburgh, PA office.
The Associate Wealth Advisor is responsible for providing advisor support and/or service to clients, with a career track toward becoming a Wealth Advisor, serving as back-up to our Client Relationship Specialists.
If you are looking for a dynamic firm with a collegial culture and growth opportunity, JFS is the place for you.
Essential Job Functions
- Identifies and fulfills client’s financial planning needs.
- Assures that client plans are executed and modified as needed.
- Coordinates client meeting preparation and meeting follow-up.
- Participates in business development activities.
- Participates in firm teams as assigned.
- Interfaces with clients to provide exceptional service.
- Provides backup client relationship support for advisors.
- Interfaces with custodians as needed.
- Assists in new client onboarding and account openings/transfers.
- Contributes to team effort.
What sets JFS Wealth Advisors apart?
Our culture is informed by our values:
- Pursue Excellence
- Win Through Elite Teams
- Create Raving Fans
- Exude Humble Confidence
A supportive team dedicated to your professional success. We don’t expect you to sink or swim. Beginning with our week-long onboarding training, we introduce you to key personnel and team members while providing foundational learning about JFS upon which you will build. Our training program is designed to position you for success.
A commitment to continuous learning and development and ongoing training opportunities on topics essential to our clients, including investments, taxes, estate planning, retirement planning, education planning, Social Security & Medicare, privacy protection, and much more. Our pursuit of excellence means we are always striving to enhance our services and develop the best possible solutions for our clients.
Deep resources including highly-experienced, internal subject matter experts on topics such as retirement planning, trusts and estate planning, tax planning, and education planning (to name just a few) as well as key relationships with external experts that we leverage for our clients’ benefit.
- A client-centric culture focused on our clients’ best interests and where we strive to exceed client expectations.
- Leading planning tools and software to help you develop effective advice for our clients.
- Base salary and bonus opportunity, with generous benefits including an employer matched 401(k) plan.
- Flexible work day so you can balance work and your personal needs and obligations.
What do you need to be successful at JFS Wealth Advisors?
- Process orientation which will enable successful design, development, implementation and management of a high-quality financial planning process across the firm.
- Ability to solve complex problems and form relationships with clients of all ages and levels of sophistication.
- Attention to detail and self-motivation to achieve results.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience, Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and a clean U-4.
*The 2018 Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisors is an independent listing produced by the Financial Times (June 2018). The FT 300 is based on data gathered from RIA firms, regulatory disclosures, and the FT’s research. As identified by the FT, the listing reflected each practice’s performance in six primary areas, including assets under management, asset growth, compliance record, years in existence, credentials and accessibility. Neither the RIA firms nor their employees pay a fee to The Financial Times in exchange for inclusion in the FT 300. Awards and recognitions by unaffiliated publications should not be construed by a client or prospective client as a guarantee that the client will experience a certain level of results, nor should they be construed as a current or past endorsement of the RIA or its representatives by any of its clients. Rankings published by magazines and others are generally based on information prepared and/or submitted by the recognized advisor.