Responsible for positive team interface across geographic lines while assisting the department team in all phases of customer service, investing and planning strategies to maintain, strengthen and grow overall firm relationships; including but are not limited to perform/assist with: onboarding new client plan relationships, maintaining current plan sponsor/participant exceptional service experiences; continuous development of working knowledge of qualified and nonqualified plan design alternatives and investment strategies; developing new and maintaining current service provider positive relationships and development of personal financial planning skills that contribute to plan participant financial wellness programs. This position will include virtual and/or onsite meetings plus periodic overnight travel to client location for plan sponsor/trustee and/or participant related meetings. Periodically this role may be pulled into various business development assignments, including but not limited to prospect plan proposals/proposal presentations/centers of influence development.
- Passionate about serving clients
- Committed to striving for continuous improvement and learning
- A self-starter who needs little direction to get results
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized, and adaptable to changing priorities
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Enjoys working independently and with cross-departmental teams
- Coordinates Retirement plans
- Maintain client satisfaction and profitability
- Development of Business Retirement Plans knowledge
- Monitors investment accounts and develop strategies
- Contribute to team effort and goals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and 3-5 years of experience
- Minimally hold a Series 65 or comparable license or designation and obtain the Accredited Investment Fiduciary designation and other relevant ASPPA or CFP program credentials
- Driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel when necessary
- Demonstrates high quality analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be extremely detailed oriented
- Experience working with recording keeping platforms/websites in a TPA setting is a plus.
- Must be comfortable using multiple software systems
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Must be proficient in the use of PC and be able to effectively use financial and related software.
- Demonstrates creative/innovative approaches that maintain a commitment to JFS’s core values.
- Excellent communication skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
- Work-life balance
- Hybrid work environment
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) match plus profit sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- STD/LTD Disability