Exciting opportunity for an individual in public accounting firm who is looking for:
- Work-life balance and competitive compensation.
- Direct interaction with multi-generational High-Net-Worth / Ultra-High-Net-Worth clients.
- Diverse exposure to estate and wealth planning.
- Strong career track for advancement within firm.
- Close work with the Tax and Accounting Director.
- Opportunity to develop and drive growth initiatives for the Tax Department.
- Opportunity to be part of a great team with strong collegial culture.
- Generous benefit package including an employer matched 401(k) plan and profit sharing.
For over 30 years JFS Wealth Advisors has been providing financial planning, tax, and wealth management services. We have approximately $2.5 billion in assets under management with eight office locations.
- Prepare and review various tax returns to include 1040, 1120, 1065, etc.
- Recognize, identify, and research complex tax issues in order to summarize results and propose resolution(s).
- Manage projects, workflows, and be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Provide coaching and supervision of the Tax Staff.
- Identify and recommend tax planning opportunities such as tax loss harvesting, IRA conversions, utilizing lower income brackets, etc.
- Interpret tax law changes and the impact on clients.
- Work with the IRS, state, and local government on resolving tax notices and audits.
- Understand and analyze business financial statements.
- Accounting for small businesses and investment partnerships with a firm understanding of debits, credits, and adjusting journal entries.
What sets JFS Wealth Advisors apart?
Our culture is defined by our values:
- Pursue Excellence
- Win Through Elite Teams
- Create Raving Fans
- Exude Humble Confidence
A client-centric culture focused on our clients’ best interests and a drive to exceed client expectations.
Flexible work day so you can balance work and your personal needs and obligations.
Factors for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent business degree and a Certified Public Accounting (CPA) license are required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of tax accounting experience.
- Ability to solve complex problems and form relationships with clients of all ages and levels of sophistication.
- Proficient with accounting, financial, and related software. Experience with Quickbooks and ProSystem preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate complicated tax issues.