Putting you at the center of an individualized, dynamic financial plan.
With each change in your life, you are faced with new opportunities and obstacles, which have the potential to move you closer to your goals or farther away. One of the most important decisions you can make is selecting a financial advisor who has the experience and structure to provide the best advice when faced with these decisions.
As different life stages emerge, we’re there to revisit your goals, bring in specialized team members and collaborate with your extended advisory team (CPAs, attorneys, etc.) as needed. Whatever your financial goals, whatever your horizon, JFS Wealth Advisors can provide a team of financial advisors that’s tailored to support you.
We call our approach the Lifetime Planning Continuum®.
A Closer look at the Lifetime Planning Continuum®
As your age and income progress, different wealth management components become more or less significant. Our comprehensive approach is truly customized to your needs and addresses key personal financial planning disciplines.
Essential components of a sound financial plan:
- Goal Planning: defining your desired destination, and how your money gets you there
- Investments: customizing and monitoring portfolios to capture market opportunities and mitigate risk
- Risk Management: protecting your hard-earned assets for today and the years to come
- Tax Planning: maximizing asset growth and minimizing tax burdens by utilizing effective and timely strategies
- Estate Planning: ensuring your hard-earned wealth creates your envisioned family legacy
Your age, income and assets are only parts of the equation when it comes to planning for the key aspects of your personal financial life. For example, you may be starting out in your career, planning for retirement or concerned about saving for your child’s college education.
No matter what your stage of life, or where you want to go, your financial advisor can help you implement the right personal financial planning strategies to stay on target.
Our experienced advisors know that successful investing is based on the science of capital markets and decades of research, not speculation, and recommend only investment risks worth taking.
We’ll evaluate your unique circumstances, objectives, risk tolerance and future aspirations. Then, our financial advisors will customize an investment plan that includes the elements needed to meet your long-term goals, with ongoing portfolio monitoring and re-balancing processes as the market or your situation changes.
Knowing that you and your loved ones are protected against unanticipated events helps put your mind at ease. We’ll assess your current insurance coverage to make sure you have the right amount of protection.
We look at every type of risk exposure from life, health and disability to property/liability and long-term care, and make recommendations based on your needs and financial situation.
Proactive planning on a continual basis can go a long way in managing your tax bite and adding value to your portfolio returns.
We’ll determine the most effective strategies for you and put together a comprehensive plan that helps minimize current and future tax liabilities.
A lifetime of hard work, saving and smart investing creates a legacy worth preserving for the next generation.
Using the latest estate planning techniques, we’ll tailor strategies to help you protect and preserve your family’s wealth by maximizing amounts transferred to those you care about most.
Our experienced financial advisors can help answer the questions keeping you up at night.
- Are we living beyond our means?
- Are we setting enough money aside for the children’s college tuition?
- What financial considerations come with changing jobs?
- How expensive of a home can we afford? And where/how do I get the best mortgage? Or, should I just keep renting?
- Is my portfolio designed to weather market downturns? What should I do during market volatility?
- How should I evaluate long-term performance?
- Should we be implementing a more conservative investment strategy?
- What should an advisor cost me?
- When should I buy? When should I sell?
- What estate planning changes do I need to make after my divorce or before getting remarried?
- Are my assets properly titled to minimize probate costs?
- Do my estate documents (wills, trusts, powers of attorney, etc.) reflect my current wishes?
- Do I know who gets my “stuff” when I die? Will it be an easy process for them?
- How can I protect and grow my family’s wealth after I pass?
- What’s the best way to support the organizations I care about—CLATs, CLUTs, CRATs, or CRUTs? (oh my!)
- How much can I afford to give to charity now vs. through my last will and testament?
- Should I consider a donor-advised fund or private foundation?
- Are we on track to reach our retirement goals?
- How can I be sure I won’t run out of money in retirement?
- When is the best time for my spouse and me to start receiving Social Security benefits?
- Will I be able to afford the cost of health and long-term care?
- Do I borrow or use personal assets to fund my small business?
- Should I set up a business retirement plan for my employees? What are the costs of doing that?
- How do I maximize business benefits to align with my personal goals?
- How do I prepare my business for when I want to retire?
Trust, accountability, and no surprises.
Before we engage in a business relationship with you, we establish a clearly written plan that outlines our process and approach, detailing what we’re going to do and how we’re going to do it. Your advisory team will provide you with a thorough understanding of the financial impact of the various options available so you’re positioned to make the best possible decisions for you and your family.