Institutional Investing & Business Retirement Planning Services
JFS assists business and institutional clients as a consultant overseeing their investment strategy and education, along with design and optimization of defined benefit plans, defined contribution plans and other non-qualified deferred compensation plans.
Our advisors work with organization leaders to determine the ideal investment allocation, investment options, plan design and service providers for their specific needs. We prepare periodic fiduciary reporting on all managers to analyze and evaluate performance and fees. For our business retirement plan clients, JFS can also provide ongoing employee counseling via group sessions or one-on-one consultation.
Our firm operates in an open-architecture environment, working with various third party administrators, record keepers and custodians, and continuously benchmarks and compares best of class service providers.
An overview of our Institutional Investment Management services:
- Investment process review
- Manager selection, investment portfolio design and asset allocation
- Preparation, maintenance and periodic review of Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Money manager searches and policy implementation
- Fund performance, cost monitoring and reporting
- Periodic rebalancing
- Recommendation and implementation of changes, when needed
- Assistance to company leaders/fiduciaries with all components of the investment process
- Continual education and communication with the board
As you look to steward institutional wealth, our advisors can help you feel confident your plan fulfills the goals and objectives for your organization and the people who shape it.
We focus on the factors that impact your business retirement plan’s success.
Offering a retirement plan for employees can be one of the smartest decisions your organization makes, but it’s important to monitor and revise specific elements at regular intervals. It is prudent to review your plan’s service providers, offerings, participation, utilization, performance and costs every two to three years.
Expertise in Retirement Plan Design
Our advisors will work with your leaders to determine the ideal plan design, service providers and investment vehicles. We’ll explain how different features and frameworks compare to what others are offering in your industry, along with tax advantages and complexity levels.
Worry-Free Investment Management
As proactive partners in this process, JFS can manage ongoing fund selection; oversee monitoring and benchmarking, asset allocation and periodic rebalancing. Our advisors also provide annual fiduciary reporting on all funds to help you evaluate and benchmark performance and fees.
Ongoing Employee Counseling
Successful organizations make their employees’ financial health an ongoing priority. JFS can facilitate this effort by educating your plan participants on a variety of financial literacy topics. Via group sessions or one-on-one consultations, we’ll outline various topics concerning the benefits of saving and investing for retirement.
As a fiduciary advisor as defined by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), JFS is held to the highest ethical requirements of financial consulting and advice. Our firm operates in accordance with the fi360 Uniform Fiduciary Standards of Care, outlined below, which governs investment decisions and portfolio construction.
- Know standards, laws and trust provisions
- Diversify assets to specific risk/return profile of client
- Prepare Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Use prudent experts (money managers) and document due diligence
- Control and account for investment expenses
- Monitor money managers and service vendors
- Avoid conflicts of interest and prohibited transactions
Retirement Plan Design
- Defined contribution plans
Traditional and Roth 401(k)
Money purchase pensions
SIMPLE 401(k) or IRA
- Defined benefit plans
- Non-qualified deferred compensation plans
Section 457 plans
- Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA) and Vanguard mutual fund selections, and other quality mutual funds
- Alternative investments available
- Low cost, diversified managed model portfolios
- Initial and ongoing due diligence
- Group education sessions
- One-on-one private counseling
Plan Platform Selection
- Advisor-directed: JFS has the discretion to manage investments according to an Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Participant-directed: Participants have discretion to select their investments from plan mutual fund offerings
5 Ways to Reevaluate Your Business Retirement Plan for Employees
Did you know that 63% of workers under 40 agreed that their retirement program is an important factor in accepting their current job offer? Now more than ever it is crucial to ensure your employees are set up for a happy, successful retirement.
This guide is designed to help you reevaluate your current business retirement plan by reviewing:
- Your plan’s current design
- How investments are managed
- The best way to educate your employees
- The ease of use and administration
- Plan performance and participation metrics